View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xyllor

re: Feral Druid Guide (as of 5.1)

A very good Feral Druid guide can be found at http://fluiddruid.net/feral-druid-5-0mists-of-pandaria-guide/.

I would like to clerify a few things that I noticed the guide didn't cover or go into depth about.

1) Symbiosis- When it comes to Symbiosis, there isn't any abilities that affects your DPS too greatly. I like to go for survivability of tanks and throw them an extra CD or toss one on a Shadow Priest to give them Tranquility. Though, if you are fighting a boss that has an extra appendage to fight (i.e. you have to dps the hands or legs, before dps the boss) its smart to use Symbiosis on a Rouge. It will allow you to transfer your CP's to other targets.

2) Talents- Tier 2: Nature's Swiftness: The guide refers to the tier 2 talent as User's choice. I however believe that Nature's Swiftness is an absolute must for Feral. My reasons behind this are: 1) Survivability- if you find yourself in a pinch, you can throw an extra Healing Touch on yourself for a single GCD. Also, if you see that the tank is taking a lot of damage, you can also throw an instant HT on the tank to keep him up. 2) Extra CC- Some fights require the use of CC's to avoid wipes (i.e. Lei Shi). Having NS allows for an instant CC and it also doesn't break Cat form. 3)Rebirth- Druids have an ability called Rebirth that is a Battle Resurrection. Having NS gives that an instant cast. Important if the tank or healer goes down during a key phase. 4)CD- The cooldown of NS is 1 min. That allows for its use several times per fight. 5)Dream of Cenarius- (see next section)

Tier 6: Dream of Cenarius: Now the guide says that you should choose Heart of the Wild of DoC due to complicated rotation. I disagree with this whole heartedly unless the fight demands the use of HotW. Dream of Cenarius is an ability that when the user uses Healing Touch, the next two melee abilities are increased by 20%. This means that you have to weave HT into your rotation, which if you are playing Feral, you should be doing that anyways, utilizing your Preditory Swiftness passive ability. This increase in DPS is very significant. It can also be paired greatly with Nature's Swiftness to give an extra DoC proc every minute.

3)Opening the fight- I find I get the best opening to a raid boss fight by, during the pull counter, I cast a Healing Touch to proc DoC, pre-pot, go into Prowl, using the Glyph of Savage Roar and casting a Savage Roar, then ravaging, then using Rake. What this does is: DoC and Savage Roar give a 30% + 20% increase to Ravage which I've hit for about 230-250k using, and the same increase for your opening bleed ability Rake. You should then immediately build you CP's to 5 and recast Savage Roar to avoid it running out. NEVER, EVER, EVER, LET SAVAGE ROAR RUN OUT It is such an important DPS increase to have it up at all times.

If you have any questions about Feral, you can go ahead and whisper me. I'm sure I know the answer, or if I don't I will find it for you.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
AgentEvans

Useful guide Xyllor, but I felt like you should mention in addition that you shouldn't click abilities and use keybinds.
Xyllor

Useful guide Xyllor, but I felt like you should mention in addition that you shouldn't click abilities and use keybinds.

Little do you know, that I have fully switched from clicking to using Keybinds :P SOOOOO now who looks like a fool :P

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blame It On Lag Forum Index -> Druids All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: